Rules for image use on Arkhampedia.
- An image may be speedy deleted as soon as an administrator finds it if:
- No description for the image has been presented.
- No source for the image has been presented.
- No licensing information for the image has been presented.
- The image does not qualify as fair use.
- If an image is obvious vandalism or a low-quality duplicate, it may be tagged for speedy deletion.
- Duplicate images should not be uploaded unless intended to replace a lower quality version of the same image. Obvious duplicate images will be speedy deleted.
- Images should be of the highest quality possible; in the case of duplicate images, the highest quality image is kept.
- If an image has unsightly letterbox frames or other segments that distract from the primary image, it should be cropped to remove these segments.
- Speech bubbles should ideally be cropped out of an image. If it is not possible to crop them out, the text in the bubbles should be left in if the bubble is intact. If the bubble is cut off, the text should be removed.
- The preferred file type for images in general is .jpg; logos should ideally be .png, while resizable images should be .svg.
If you need help finding an image, try our Image Requests section.