It's the stupid future. It's a lot like now, but much later. The Future is a really good setting for comic books, even if they can't make up their minds on what happens. Sometimes, the future is a really cool place. That's called being "utopic". But most of the time, in stories that are not boring, the future sucks. If you're lucky, it's ruled by an evil overlord or two so there's somebody to fight.
- Usually it has something to do with the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th Century. That is, when they're not screwing around during a crisis. It's mainly the Time Trapper's fault.
- DC One Million had something to do with the futuristic Justice League fighting Vandal Savage and... the sun. Martian Manhunter was there, it was kinda cool.
- Kamandi. He's like the future if it was beating your skull in with a rock. And wearing a bikini.
- Also, Booster Gold when he was a janitor.
- It usually involves some sort of mutant apocalypse or something. I think that was what Cable was about. Iunno, I didn't read the thing, I admit it.